Rio de Janeiro - Paraty
|June||Daily departures (except 26-30)|
Prices per Person
(Except Special Dates and Holidays)
Payments: VISA, MASTERCARD e DINERS Credit Cards; Wire Transfers
Itinerary" class="anchor"> Itinerary
1st Day - Rio de Janeiro
Arrival in Rio de Janeiro. Meeting at the airport. Private transfer to the Hotel with portuguese speaking driver. Check-in and accommodation. Free night. Overnight.
2nd Day - Rio de Janeiro
Breakfast. At the right time, after pick up from your hotel, you'll visit Petropolis, known as the Imperial City, the holiday destination of Emperor Don Pedro II. The tour will begin in the garden of the Quitandinha Palace. You'll visit too the Cathedral of Saint Peter of Alcantara; the Imperial Mausoleum; the Imperial Museum; and the House Museum of Santos Dumont. At the end of the tour you'll be taken back to your hotel. Overnight.
3rd Day - Rio de Janeiro - Paraty
Breakfast. At the right time pick up from your hotel to visit the Historical center of Paraty. You’ll see the beauties of the buildings of Brazilian Colonial Period (1500-1822) and the churches of Saint Rita, First Church of Our Lady of Remedies, Church of Our Lady of the Rosary and St. Benedict and the Church of Our Lady of Sorrows. After you'll visit the Perpetual Defender's Fort (Forte do Defensor Perpétuo, in portuguese). The fort was built in 1793 to protect the main gold export route to Portugal and has its name in honor of Dom Pedro I, declared Perpetual Defender of Brazil. At the end of the tour you’ll be taken back to your hotel. Overnight.
4th Day - Paraty
Breakfast. At the right time you’ll go on a jeep tour through Serra da Bocaina National Park where you can see specimes of brazilian fauna and flora. You’ll go to Vila da Penha where are Toboga Falls and Posso do Tarzan waterfall. In the Pedra Branca and Engenho D'Ouro Alembics you’ll know the artisanal method of making the cachassa and will taste the drink with various flavors. You’ll visit too the Manioc Flour House where you’ll be able to know all the steps for its handmade production. You’ll visit to the Caminho do Ouro, a path through which the gold extracted from mines in the states of Minas Gerais, Mato Grosso and Mato Grosso do Sul, were transported to the port of Paraty during the brazilian Gold Rush (17th and 18th centuries). It is one of the most important places in brazilian history. At the end of the tour you’ll be taken back to your hotel. Overnight.
5th Day - Paraty
Breakfast. At the right time, pick up at the hotel for Private transfer from Paraty to Rio de Janeiro airport with portuguese-speaking driver. End of the program.
Tour Includes" class="anchor"> Tour Includes
- Hotels accommodation in Superior Category
- 2 night accommodation in Rio de Janeiro
- 2 nights accommodation in Paraty
- Private transfers IN and OUT (GIG/Rio de Janeiro Hotel/Paraty Hotel/GIG) in Rio de Janeiro with Portuguese speaking driver
- Private Excursion to Petropolis with English speaking guide
- Private Jeep Tour and Caminho do Ouro in Paraty with English speaking guide
- Private Historical Tour and Perpetual Defender Fort in Paraty with English speaking guide. Ticket included
- Buffet breakfast in Rio de Janeiro and Paraty
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Air tickets and airport taxes
- Visa support
- Personal expenses
- Not mentioned tickets
- Early check-in and Late check-out
Hotels" class="anchor"> Hotels
|Rio de Janeiro||Mirador Rio Hotel or similar|
|Paraty||Pousada do Principe or similar|
Conditions" class="anchor"> Conditions
- Prices are NET in US dollars
- All prices are NOT valid for Events, Congress and Other special Holidays. (UNDER REQUEST)
- Prices and conditions may change without previous notice.
- Prices will be confirmed upon booking.
- The program on the dates above are subject to availability and change without notice
- Packages are subject to availability
- Check-in at hotels: 14h. Check out the hotels: 12h
The Cancellation Policies listed below apply to all reservations unless the reservation booked has specific rates or fees listed in the Invoice.
Cancellation Made Within:
- 7 Days Prior to Departure Date - Non-refundable
- 8-14 Days Prior to Departure Date - 50% of payment is refunded
- 15-29 Days Prior to Departure Date - 75% of payment is refunded
- 30 or More Days Prior to Departure Date - 90% of payment is refunded
Cities Info" class="anchor"> Cities Info
Petropolis is a city located in the Serra da Estrela, in the state of Rio de Janeiro. Planned by the German engineer Julius Friedrich Koeler, Petropolis was founded in 1843 and its name is a tribute to the emperor Dom Pedro II. The Norman-French style is predominant in its constructions and during many years the city was place of summer of the imperial family and destination of stay of many of its guests. With a mild climate, several historic buildings and bucolic atmosphere, typical of a country town, Petropolis is the ideal destination for those seeking tranquility and greater contact with the history of Brazil.
Paraty is a city located in the southern state of Rio de Janeiro. Founded in 1660, it was an important city of the Gold Rush (17th and 18th centuries) serving as the main export port for gold from Minas Gerais, Mato Grosso and Mato Grosso do Sul. Its preserved historic center contains many buildings of the Brazilian Colonial Period (1500-1822) and its streets are paved with cobblestone pavements. In Paraty there are also several trails where the visitor can see up close the typical fauna and flora of the region and waterfalls; by some of the trails it is possible to have access to beaches of crystal clear blue waters - one of the most famous is Praia do Sono.
Paraty is known for the cachassas that are produced in alembics in the city, tradition inherited from post-period of the Gold Rush when several plantations of coffee and sugar cane settled in the city. With a busy cultural life Paraty is the destination of one of the most important literature events in Brazil, the Paraty Literary Fair (also known as FLIP).